CAREER OPENINGS AT JARC
Director of Quality Improvement and Compliance
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collects, coordinates and maintains informational reports from all departments and committees as outlined in the Performance Improvement (PI) Plan.
- Coordinates and monitors the agency wide PI Plan in order to maintain compliance with CARF, CMH and other regulatory agencies.
- Evaluates and improves the systems, forms, procedures, methods, and motions used in accomplishing all PI work.
- Prepares reports for all management team and executive team meetings.
- Assists staff in evaluating the quality of care to persons served and in developing criteria and methods for such evaluation.
- Provides ongoing communication, resources, education, and aggregated data/information to all department managers, related to issues involving quality, safety, and survey readiness.
- Assist with annual evaluation (and revision if necessary) of the PI Plan.
- Plans, develops, and presents in-services relevant to PI and survey readiness as necessary.
- Responsible for the review, development, and implementation of the department policies and procedures.
- Serves as the agency’s Compliance Officer.
- Ensures homes of persons served are safe, clean, and well organized. Makes recommendations for improvements.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of CARF and CMH Standards and strategies for compliance. Acts as the facility liaison during the survey process including other applicable state and federal regulatory agencies. Ensures timely response and oversees development and implementation of any required corrective actions. Assigns tasks as necessary to other departmental managers to assist in overall regulatory compliance.
- Reviews and analyzes root causes, patterns, or trends in data collection and informs applicable Facility management staff; helps to identify and implement corrective action and performance improvement processes.
- Provides continuous support in the analysis of performance improvement initiatives and re-establishing requirements which will facilitate continuous improvement. Fosters the development and tracking of performance indicators at the departmental level; encourages an agency-wide team effort in meeting performance improvement goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or human service field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- At least three years of experience in a related setting.
- 3 - 5 years of management experience preferred.
- Relevant experience and demonstrated skill in data aggregation and interpretation, analysis and process improvement required.
- Experience collecting and interpreting outcomes required.
- Experience collecting and analyzing performance and incident data at the staff and organizational level.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory and accrediting agency standards, rules and regulations (i.e., accreditation such as COA, CARF, HIPAA, CMS and Medicaid.) required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications required.
YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR RESUME WITH YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION.
Direct Support Professional
JARC is in need of full and part-time Direct Support Professionals to provide support, assist with personal care and hygiene and help adults with developmental disabilities be involved and integrated in the community. A valid Michigan driver's license and a high school diploma/GED are required. The pay rate is $10.50 per hour. *Also seeking Direct Support Professionals fluent in American Sign Language. [Job code DSP-W]
JARC is seeking energetic, caring people to work with individuals with disabilities in the family home and in the community. Respite/CLS Workers provide supervision, interaction and care for these children and young adults. The position entails assisting with personal care and daily living tasks as necessary, teaching skills and taking the individual on activities in the community. The hours of the position are part time and flexible. A high school diploma or GED and valid Michigan driver’s license are required. Experience working with individuals with disabilities is preferred. Must be available afternoons and weekends. Pay rate is $10.50 per hour. Job code [RCW-W].